Wow. I can't believe October is already here. I think I will blame it on the weather - we have had such lovely weather that it has not really felt like fall.
One of my favourite things about autumn is all the fun OT events celebrating World OT Day. This year is going to be the third annual World OT Day Blog Carnival! World OT Day is celebrated on October 27th every year, which is coming up fast!
This is a great way to get some extra traffic for your blog, and to connect with other OTs around the world. If you do not have a blog, this is a great time to start one.
The topic for this year's OT Blog Carnival is going to be the same as the theme for OT24VX - Transitions. It is about exploring some aspect of transitions.
I am now accepting submissions. Here's how it works:
- You must be an OT or OT student. The only exception would be if the post were about an OT or OT student. You must also have a blog (not just a website), or know someone who will let you post on theirs.
- You write a blog post (or find a suitable one in your archives), post it on your blog, and send me the link. You can send it through email if you have my address, the contact page on my website, or as a direct message through Facebook or Twitter (@dailyskills).
- I will do a short post to introduce the topic, and then list the links with a short summary of each.
- You mention the Blog Carnival on your site and through your networks to help get the message out.
- This is not the time or place for affiliate links or blatant sales pitches.
- Please ensure your post is at least somewhat associated with the theme. If it might be tough to see how it is connected to the theme, please point out to me how it is connected as this may help me to categorize the posts.
- I need to have the Carnival posted before World OT Day. With time changes, World OT Day actually starts in other parts of the globe on the 26th of October here in Winnipeg. Please send your submission before October 24th, 2012.
You will be able to see the Blog Carnival on October 27th by visiting here, at www.lindasdailylivingskills.com.
*World OT Day was created by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT). They are also the ones who supplied the very nice logo above. They are not associated with this Blog Carnival - this is just my way of celebrating World OT Day.