Update: The 2011 Blog Carnival Celebrating OT has now been published. Click on the title to go there.
I try to write a blog that is not about different professional titles, instead focusing on what we have in common - assessing and teaching daily living skills. However, I love being an Occupational Therapist. Once a year on World OT Day* (October 27th), I feel the need to celebrate the OT profession.
There are many events that occur on this day. The most notable is the OT4OT 24- Hour Virtual Exchange (OT24Vx) where you can listen to speakers from all over the world. Here is the link to the schedule.
I was thinking that there are a lot of great OT blogs out there (check out the links on the lower right side of my page), and World OT Day would be a perfect time to showcase our work.
This year, in honour of World OT Day, I will host a Blog Carnival. The topic is the same as the WFOT theme for this year, which is, "Celebrating Our Global Identity".
I am now accepting submissions. Here's how it works:
- You write a blog and post it on your site (or find a suitable one in your archives), and send me the link. You can send it through email if you have my address, the contact page on my website, or as a direct message through Facebook or Twitter (@dailyskills).
- I will do a short post to introduce the topic, and then list the links with a short summary of each.
- You mention the Blog Carnival on your site to help get the message out.
- Submissions that are trying to sell products and/or services will not be accepted, especially ones that include affiliate links. This is not the time or place for that.
- The topic is a very broad one, which allows a lot of freedom about what to write about. It would be nice if your blog could be somewhat associated with the theme, but don't stress about it too much.
- I need to have the Carnival posted before World OT Day. With time changes, World OT Day actually starts in other parts of the globe on the 26th of October here in Winnipeg. Please send your submission before October 25th, 2011.
*World OT Day was created by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT). They are also the ones who supplied the very nice logo above. They are not associated with this Blog Carnival - this is just my way of celebrating World OT Day.